Stop FPL Smart Meters
What are Smart Meters?
That sounds terrible! What can I do about it?
1) Only support candidates that oppose these clear invasions of privacy.
2) Come to the public meeting on May 31, 2012 in Fort Myers. FPL has requested a rate increase to the tune of $690 Million Dollars. (Wait, weren't Smart Meters supposed to SAVE money?)
3) Send a certified letter to FPL denying Implied Consent, and refuse the new smart meters. If you already have a smart meter (look for the FCC label), you can call FPL and get them to remove it. They will explain that this is only a temporary measure, and that you will eventually have no choice. We'll see about that! Click here for a sample letter. You can also post a laminated No Tresspass card on your meter. Sample No Tresspass card here.
4) If you are having trouble opting out of
the smart meters,
contact Cynthia Guido at 1-800-397-6544 x24.
*** Again, they will tell you that this is a still only a temporary opt-out, so stay vigilant!
5) Send an automated email to the Public Service Commissioners... click here
More Smart Meter Informational Resources
KCRA TV Report : Man refuses Smart Meter Installation and feels threatened
Smart Meter Matrix.org - If you want to dive deep - this is the place to go!
Still don't believe Smart Meters are designed to mine data? Tech Crunch Article - GridGlo
News Report: Angry PG&E Customers returning their Smart Meters
Agenda 21 Links to Smart Meters
Smart Meters Increase Electricity Bill
Measuring and blocking Smart Meter Transmissions
Smart Meters disrupting bees, bats and who knows what else?
The Dark Side of Smart Meters